Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
The Director of Design will lead all design teams and will be in charge of setting the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure. You will also work to enable streamlined collaboration among our designers and our product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale. This role will require an excellent understanding of how to scale both product design and marketing design functions.
The Director of Design will have a direct supervisory role for the design team, 3rd party agencies and resources, as well as cross-functional team leadership responsibilities. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and drives contributes to the strategic framework and decision making in an effort to set long term company-wide strategies.
- Lead product and marketing design functions, collaborating with stakeholders across the company to understand the needs of their teams and establishing a team structure and end-to-end workflow designed to best serve those needs
- Drive company-wide experience design vision and establishing a cohesive world-class design identity for our product offerings
- Partnering closely with Engineering and Product teams to create and align a product strategy that supports our users’ needs, and ensures that research, UI, UX, concepting, prototyping, and testing are integrated in every step of the product and development roadmaps
- Maintain and further build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with our style guides and extremely high quality standards
- Apply a deep understanding of user research to ensure that what gets built solves real user problems in a way that is simplistic, intuitive, consistent and seamless for all experience levels
- Empower and mentor designers on your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment
- Lead your team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request
- Lead by example and participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including generative research, concepting and definition, prototyping, UI design and testing and development of Bevy’s design system.
- Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and to stakeholders across the company while managing a large volume of ongoing projects
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS in User Centric Design, Interactive Design, Product Design, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 10+ years in UI/UX and Design role; ideally with a blend of experience in complex, cloud-native software products
- A minimum of seven years leading a design team
- Extensive experience in interface design, research and new product development in a high-growth, product driven company
- A track record of distilling complex, business objectives into design-driven product solutions
- Experience driving solutions from a user’s perspective across all development phases, using their perspective to guide effective communication with cross-functional stakeholders and executives
- Experience working with Engineering, Product and Marketing teams
- Experience with the establishment and measurement of customer facing metrics such as competitive analysis, product satisfaction, NPS, usability efficiency and ease of use
- Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team
- You are an excellent communicator. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.