Veho is a technology-driven shipping company that enables personalized next-day package delivery, extending partner brand value. Veho brand partners have seen a 20% increase in customer repurchase, 40% increase in customer lifetime value, and 8% rise in net promoter score.
Veho gives package recipients greater insight and control, letting them know when they will receive their package, when drivers are en route, and enables real-time rescheduling, address changes, and personal delivery instructions. Veho’s technology matches demand for package delivery with a network of qualified crowdsourced driver partners, ensuring every package is delivered on time and correctly.
The concept for Veho started as a school project while co-founder Itamar Zur attended Harvard Business School. Zur constantly experienced issues receiving packages – from getting the dreaded “we missed you” note, to stolen packages. He set out to fix the problem so many customers and brands face.
Today, Veho’s robust technology platform provides customers and e-commerce brands with an unparalleled shipping experience, an industry record 99.9% average on-time performance for next-day delivery and an average 4.9-star customer rating. With teammates in 30 U.S. states, Veho will be in 50 markets by the end of 2022.
The Director of Communications will own brand awareness through storytelling and executing meaningful PR campaigns that propel the business identity forward. They will proactively work with internal and external stakeholders, build upon foundational relationships, and manage complex and unexpected communication challenges (and plan for the unexpected). The Director of Communications will be essential to positioning Veho as leaders in the industry.
The person who will succeed in this role will have:
- Deep understanding of the logistics industry—and consumer tech, policy and media within that environment—and the ability to apply that knowledge to the development of high-impact communications strategies to support business growth with both clients and consumers.
- Comfort with working in close alignment with stakeholders including business leadership outside of marketing, ensuring buy-in and engagement in the communications strategy.
- The ability to collaborate with the executive leadership team on PR and communications initiatives, including the confidence to mold and polish narratives.
- Quick judgment when Identifying and developing media relations and public speaking opportunities, as well as the project and people management skills to see them through.
- Experience actively managing outside agencies and to integrate them properly into Veho’s structure as necessary.
- Excitement to regularly iterate and improve a comms strategy for driving industry leadership through customer stories, thought leadership, etc. And the instinct to know when to adapt.
- An existing set of relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers.
- The wisdom to know when to stop a workstream and when to double-down.
What You Bring:
- 8-10+ years experience of leading public relations/comms teams at B2B or B2C focused companies. Agency-side experience is a plus.
- Experience building out new teams and onboarding agencies.
- Understanding of B2B and B2C communication strategies.
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of modern internet tools, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Impeccable project management skills, with keen attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through. Have the ability to stay organized in a growth environment without losing sight of the strategic goals.
The starting salary for this role is $160k. The actual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be able to understand and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all parties regarding work matters, which are generally conducted in English. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.