A little about us
We’re on a mission to bring together talented people and great remote jobs by making cross border hiring easy. We want to spread the privileges and benefits of great employment and help make this the norm for remote workers around the world.
🗺 Remote working, flexible hours.
⏱ Permanent, full time
💵 Competitive salary
🍰 Early stage equity
We are a 100% distributed company that began its journey in 2019. We’re well-funded and are assembling the core team that will take us to the next level. We’re already a global company with team members in the UK, India, the Bahamas, Germany, the USA, Finland, Latvia, and Mexico.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – with interacting engineering, legal, financial, operations, and HR processes. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We’re an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
The Big Picture
The future of work is upon us and unfolding quickly. The number of organizations that have embraced remote working has skyrocketed since the onset of the pandemic, and many of them are eager to fill their remote roles with incredibly talented people who happen to live in other countries. A platform that makes it easy to employ and take great care of your remote workers around the world has never been more necessary.
Neither has there ever been such an opportunity to change lives (and whole economies) by simply bridging talent and great remote jobs. We are just at the beginning of the exciting, new “distributed talent enablement” SaaS category, and the headroom for growth and social impact is staggering.
Oyster is charting a path forward for the most progressive companies who feel inspired by the tectonic change in how we work. We are building a brand that will serve as a beacon to the next generation of globally-distributed companies.
What you’ll be doing..
As Head of Brand at Oyster® you will own the visual identity, and be responsible for tethering the Oyster brand to the hearts of our customers. You’ll make sure we look great everywhere Oyster appears in the world. You’ll own the brand identity and all marketing creative for the company, working with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of brand representation across all mediums.
- Guide the development and evolution of our visual brand, as Oyster evolves as a company and product.
- Partner with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven advertising campaign programs, make all our content sparkle, uplevel product launches, deliver amazing brand experiences at (virtual) events, and more.
- Coach and mentor a team of brand designers to deliver their best creative work and grow in their career
- Identify and build out new functions to scale the team—whether it be hiring in-house or partnering with contractors/agencies
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a marketing organization
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders at Oyster and setup processes for teams to engage and work with the creative team
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback across product and marketing brand design teams
- Help us define Oyster’s brand story and help evangelize our brand
You will work in a close and collaborative manner with the product marketing, content, amplification, demand generation, and sales teams to attract and engage our customers with great brand design.
What we’re looking for…
The ideal candidate is an experienced brand builder with experience applying a creative strategy successfully to support a growing company. You are energized by creating purpose-driven brands and visual design languages from the ground up. You relish the opportunity to own the visual identity of a soon-to-be-iconic new global brand.
- 6+ years of visual brand/design leadership that demonstrates experience in web, events, digital advertising, social, sales enablement, and campaigns.
- A roll-up your sleeves designer with the chops to create both finished designs and the inputs that other designers can take and finish.
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors.
- Experience hiring, building, and scaling a design team across multiple functions.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching creative teams, as well as attracting new design talent.
- A keen eye for detail and craftsmanship while also considerate of deadlines and constraints.
Skillsets and experiences that are important
- You have experience creating visually engaging full-funnel campaigns that increase brand awareness, drive conversions, and create loyal customers.
- You have supported the visual branding and creative demands of a growing company that is leveraging visual identity to competitive advantage.
- You have managed or are ready to manage other designers.
Skillsets that are not required (but are a bonus)
Plus points for:
- Experience creating and orchestrating high-impact brand and acquisition campaigns for a growing B2B software company.
- Experience with integrated digital and non-digital brand campaigns.
- Love for reflecting and writing about your process and design POV.
What’s it like to work at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
Benefits & Compensation 💸
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours.
- 40 days including public holidays, or legal minimum in your region if greater.
- Home Office Equipment budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through HealingClouds and WithJuno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering