✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
The Role 👩💻
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
What you’ll do…
As the Senior Director of Analytics, you will transform our data into actionable insights to accelerate growth and operational efficiencies by working with cross-functional teams across Product, Customer Experience, and Operations. We are looking for a leader who is both technically proficient and has the business acumen to get to the root of any analysis while leading and coaching a team to do the same. In this role, you will:
- Lead and define the vision and strategy of the data analytics team
- Proactively identify and curate data needed to uncover trends impacting our business and analyze to inform the business’s strategy and execution plans
- Ensure a high integrity of analysis across departments. Drive consistency of key metrics and data processes across the organization
- Manage a team of data analysts to define, prioritize, deliver and communicate metrics & analyses across the business, including senior executives
- Mentor your team on strategic analyses and career growth; be a leader that retains, grows and attracts top talent
- Promote data literacy, integrity and adoption across the organization
- Craft a narrative around insights the team develops that drives action in the organization and creates a sense of shared purpose toward achieving our goals
This role reports to our President.
What we’re looking for 📜
- 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership position managing an analytics team
- Experience aggregating, synthesizing, and clearly communicating business results and actionable insights to cross-functional teams (both written and oral)
- Deep hands-on understanding of core data analysis languages and visualization platforms (SQL, relational databases, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor a team of data analysts
- Strong ability to build collaborative relationships with teams across Oyster
- Experience managing globally distributed teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- SaaS experience
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.