FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing global team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is looking for a Director, Marketing Operations & Technology to join the Marketing team. You will oversee the broader marketing operations organization at FreshBooks and be responsible for the execution arm for enabling stakeholder marketing strategies. You will have oversight on the tech stack as it relates to maintenance, contract renewals, etc for key tools like SalesForce, WordPress, etc.
Reporting to the VP, Customer Marketing, you will work closely with key stakeholders across departments to bring strategies to life though best in class and flawless execution across our tools and channels. You will be process driven, with validated expertise running an ops and technology function. You will be able to bridge the gap between technical, creative and business needs to confidently distill technical issues and provide solutions to senior leadership and partners.
What you will do
- Ensure proper planning and timely delivery of stakeholder requests and projects while identifying risks + gaps, and providing appropriate solutions,
- Monitor and tackling tech debt while adjusting priorities accordingly
- Help develop business requirements and outline project plans as it relates to but not limited to marketing channels like web, e-mail, push, in-app Pendo, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify long term expectations for building 6M+ vision then managing the team against these expectations.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure proper resource planning, briefing, scoping and reporting is in place.
- Create and execute a quarterly roadmap across web ops and marketing ops teams through appropriate planning exercises with stakeholders. All this while balancing partner requests, corporate-wide strategic initiatives and infrastructure projects.
- Plan and implement overflow support engagements with external partner agencies so that they are managed successfully (e.g. SLAs and SOWs, code quality and budget allocations)
- Maintain accurate project monitoring, resource utilization, costing and partner reporting across the various teams as it relates to execution.
- Build strong relationships and awareness with leaders across the organization to advocate for support on operations related projects.
- Support and, as appropriate, lead channel enablement projects like CDP, solutions architecture for channel enablement, etc.
You will be accountable for
- Creating a strategic vision and roadmap for technology, infrastructure, security, and compliance for freshbooks.com
- Setting the service standards, procedures and tools for operational and project management practices to ensure high quality service for our customers and internal partners
- Leading and maintaining the implementation of operational efficiencies and continuous improvement in productivity, processes and communications
- Ensuring proper quality assurance and compliance processes are adhered to across the three sub teams
- Establishing clear and consistent reporting and communication methods for all project activity through project management best practices, for project teams and upwards to senior leaders and the Executive Management Team
- Mentoring and coaching your team managers while supporting development opportunities for them and their individual contributors.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, management, or related
- 7+ years of operations/project experience in the tech space (SaaS experience a strong asset)
- 5+ years of management experience leading technical teams (including developers, operations managers, and project managers)
- Demonstrated expertise in Project Management principles and processes
- Have a good understanding of the technology landscape, staying in tune with trends, bringing forward best practices that align to our future vision / roadmap.
- Experience and knowledge with Agile practice is an asset, with the ability to translate principles to suit the needs of the broader operations team.
- Experience with some if not all of the following (WordPress CMS, JIRA, Google Analytics, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Pardot and A/B web testing tools)
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic priorities into tactical and technical requirements for teams to execute
What we can promise you
We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first 3 weeks onboarding, just understanding our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here at FreshBooks!