GitHub helps businesses build better software, together. We are passionate about helping developers collaborate at companies and organizations all over the world, and we are looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to help fulfill that mission. The role is responsible for all digital channels, including paid media, search, and paid social programs, as well as interlock with the web team on programs that serve personalization, optimize SEO and other outreach with a goal of driving new visitors & leads. The right candidate will be experienced in global scale, driving strategy and working with all types of digital media. They will have strategic and hands on-experience placing and negotiating media, delivering against a strategy, collaborating with internal partners, analyzing the impact of paid search, evaluating other paid media programs like Paid Social, in addition to understanding downstream impact on the website and lead gen.
- Build a scaled workflow to support global digital execution for regions using such internal and external resources as necessary
- Execute paid tactics to ensure optimized delivery against lead volumes, quality and cost, as well as audience targeting and regional distribution of spend and coverage
- Manage local and international digital agency relationships as needed
- Ensure a constant flow of global inbound traffic and leads from such always-on channels as Paid Search and SEO
- Manage budgets, CPL, Conversion Rates, and Lead Volume to deliver optimal Pipeline results in each region
- Report monthly on goal attainment per region
- Collaborate with Global Campaigns and Regional Marketing teams to drive pipeline from planned quarterly integrated marketing programs using appropriate digital advertising such as paid social, display and other tactics
- Work with Regions to define digital needs and represent those to the campaign manager as part of the campaign mix
- Work cross functionally to deliver against audience, region, and digital goals
- Partner with Campaign Managers to represent digital impact to their programs for QBR decks
- Establish best practices in a variety of channels like Baidu, Google, Bing, Reddit and other direct publisher buys, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other ad platforms
- Maintain a small budget and time in the digital backlog for monthly tactical and message testing
- Analysis of digital program effectiveness and make recommendations on optimization
- Maintain the highest adherence to GitHub’s legal policy guiding the use of data that includes strict interpretation of GDPR, CCPA regulation, cookie maintenance, documentation of runbooks and workflows, and the ability to rapidly respond to any user request for data removal and tracking
- Ability to creatively apply digital tactics and offline tactics that deliver digital results without the buying or selling of third party PII
- 7-10 years of B2B marketing experience, preferably in the SaaS or enterprise software markets
- Hands on experience running global Paid Search and other advertising at scale
- Familiarity with MarTech stack that optimizes lead generation
- Familiarity with and experience using systems for scale including ad serving platforms and agile project management methodologies
- Deep knowledge of and comfort operating under a strictly GDPR compliant policy
- Comfort using data visualization tools such as Looker, Periscope, and Tableau.
- Proven track record of building strategy, process and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically, as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Ability to collaborate with wide audiences at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills and high degree of empathy
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!