See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Deal Manager – Commercial Solutions
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a curious, action-oriented Deal Manager for the Flex Commercial Solutions Team who lives the Twilio Magic to support our Flex Commercial and Flex Partner Sales Teams. This is an exciting role for the individual to gain and expand their broad spectrum of cross functional interactions and leading non-standard end-to-end commercial agreements or Order Forms (OF). This role will work to establish and grow the new Twilio Flex selling motion, appropriately structuring Flex deals to be a ‘Win-Win’ for both the customers and Twilio! You will be passionate, dedicated and have the ability to understand complex problems while providing explanations and solutions which are sound and clearly communicated.
In this role, you’ll:
- Involved in Deal Management, Sales Operations, Sales, Finance, or Business Operations with focus on deal construction, procurement strategy and negotiations.
- Collaborate with and establish solid trusted working relationships with team members, Product Management, Commercial Legal, Billing Operations, Order Management, Finance, and Sales Executives with ability to influence policy, process and tooling automation requirements.
- Provide support to the Flex Partner sales team. To include: partner agreement review, pricing review and contractual terms and conditions.
- Help build and perfect a robust and seamless partner program model alongside the Flex Partner sales team.
- Validated ability as a trusted advisor, handling sophisticated contracts, subject matter expertise with standard terms of service, deep understanding of pricing, commercial terms and ability to negotiate. Work to arrive at an offer with reasonably acceptable terms to both Twilio and our customer.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Seven plus years experience in Deal Management, Sales Operations, Sales, Finance, or Business Operations with focus on deal construction, procurement strategy and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree plus six years deal strategy experience, or 8 years of deal strategy experience.
This role will be <remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $99,360 – $124,200
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $105,200 – $131,500
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].