At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. Teachable Creators have tens of thousands of active creators who’ve reached more than 45 million students around the world, teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist to work alongside our Product team in collaborating on our product roadmap and design in order to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
Primarily a Python shop, our team uses Apache Airflow for ETL, a rest endpoint, and Kafka for collecting events, and we deploy in Kubernetes. The data warehouse is Amazon Redshift with federated Postgres tables, and we have plenty of data in s3 in a variety of formats. This role has a major impact on the entire organization, as the Data Scientist is the primary owner of key pieces of infrastructure and is expected to make recommendations about what technologies we should be employing in the data platform and what patterns we should be following in data engineering.
This role will report to the Senior Business Intelligence Manager.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to data related to the optimization of checkout and user experiences
- Make recommendations on focus areas in the product to improve the customer journey
- Collect and clean data from various sources and translate into strategic insights and actionable product recommendations
- Build, improve and maintain data-driven projects to help build critical solutions to difficult problems
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Expert level of knowledge of Python or R
- Experience in developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- Experience preparing and cleaning data autonomously
- Ability to translate business needs and requirements into technical solutions
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Who upholds Teachable values, including working as part of a diverse team
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $125,000 – $140,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
While Teachable maintains our NY office for local employees to use, we operate as a remote-first culture in order to give our employees added flexibility. In order to maintain connection and create a community beyond the screen, Teachable holds company-wide, in-person events 2-3 times per year, where employees and teams can come together for team bonding, strategic alignment, goal-setting, and celebrations!
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with an option covering up to 100% of monthly premiums Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Gym/Wellness reimbursement up to $100 in pre-tax dollars per month
One-time $500 Work from Home (WFH) purchase card for new hires and ongoing WFH monthly reimbursement for certain home expenses of up to $100 per month
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.