Degreed is an Enterprise SaaS company with a strong financial position and a clear mission. Degreed exists to recognize and grow people’s expertise. Our mission is to make skills the currency of work. We invest in experiences that generate a real time skill profile, thereby empowering people to find and access career growth opportunities.
The Data Science team at Degreed works with large structured and unstructured datasets to understand how people develop the skills that they need to advance their careers. To do this, we use a diverse set of tools and approaches, including feature engineering, clustering, classification and recommendation models, word embeddings, and neural networks. Degreed is looking for a capable, qualified and versatile Data Scientist to help with the development and delivery of high-quality, data-driven, machine learning and predictive modeling solutions.
- Work as part of a product team to derive data science products that help improve the experience on the platform
- Develop full data science pipelines from early proof-of concept models through full-scale training and working with engineers to deploy models to production
- Engineer features, build and optimize recommenders, classification models, and semantic graph, and evaluate the feasibility and performance of these models
- Assist with text/data classification and categorization
- Communicate about data science with a diverse set of stakeholders and development partners
- Hands on (not just academic) experience in applying advanced analytics to solve complex business problems
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with unsupervised and supervised machine learning techniques and methods
- Comfortable blending together diverse data sources to create training data for specific problems
- Experience processing large-scale data sets
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We’re a distributed team and rely on good communication to perform at a high level
- Experience working remotely – It takes a self-motivated individual to thrive on a distributed team
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Professional experience using unsupervised learning techniques – clustering, word embeddings, dimensionality reduction, etc
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.