Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a customer support manager to help us build and manage a customer support team. You’ll have an opportunity to influence and shape the customer experience, build processes and lead a team of customer support associates. You will report directly to our Director of Customer Success.
What you’ll do
- Leading and growing our customer support team.
- Setting standards and SLAs for support across the organization.
- Coaching the team to improve and striving to give our customers the best experience.
- Measure and enhance customer experience, with data led decisions and track KPI’s for customers and agents.
- Working cross-functionally between the customer success and revenue team to manage support systems and align on support standards.
- Contribute to nascent initiatives and processes to scale customer support and hit MainStreet’s growth goals.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience building and managing customer support teams, ideally in a B2B or B2C environment
- A customer first mindset, demonstrating empathy and delivering exceptional customer experiences across the customer journey
- Operational experience to help us build processing and reporting structures for the support team
- A rapid ability to learn quick and teach others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, alongside the ability & willingness to work quickly
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.