At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives — and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most — their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO’s give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Reporting to the Support Manager Europe, the Customer Support Engineer will work directly with our customers providing Tier 2/3 level support on highly complex issues with our Chrome River business unit. Successful candidates are detail-oriented problem-solvers with great communication skills and the ability to manage multiple input streams and competing priorities.
• Answering inbound calls and emails, providing technical assistance and working with customers to ensure timely resolution of support tickets
• Service requests involving advanced, undocumented and/or uncommon product features, configuration or usage
• Effectively manage time to work on meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Troubleshooting using SQL queries
• Reviewing web server and application server logs
• End-to-end understanding of the product infrastructure and technologies used
• Stay current with any fixes or enhancements within the product
• Build cross-team relationships
• Remote/Home Based Role, Monday through Fridays during regular UK business hours
• Undergraduate degree or diploma and with a minimum of 3 years of related experience
• 2+ years in a technical support role using MySQL
• Linux command line experience
• Ability to read through scripts / have a basic understanding of programming concepts in Python / Java
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong technical acumen with the ability to pick up new software skills with ease
• Demonstrated ability to achieve team goals
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
• Knowledge of various ERP systems is an asset
• Experience working with Salesforce (or similar ticketing system) is an asset