Do you have what it takes to be PadPiper Employee #1? We’re straight out of Y Combinator, just closed our first round of fundraising, and are hiring our first employees.
PadPiper helps renters live happier. PadPiper is a marketplace where thousands of renters from 40+ countries find places to live, people to live with, and activities nearby. We’re constantly improving, growing, and living the startup life. This year, we’ve processed over $1.2 million in rent payments, and we release product updates every week.
At PadPiper, Customer Success is key to our business. Renting can be stressful for anyone involved — hosts, renters, and partners. Our customers rely on PadPiper, and we want to provide them with the best possible support. Our Customer Success team’s top priority is to ensure that our customers’ experience using PadPiper is delightful and productive.
As a Customer Success Specialist, you’ll join us in paving the way for our Customer Success Team. Your task is to make our customers happy and productive. This is a demanding role that requires you to be an advocate for the product and empathize with users. If you love a challenging, high-volume environment across multiple channels and can delight and support users every step of the way, we want to hear from you.
$50,000.00 – $70,000.00/year
- Providing thoughtful, personalized communication to our renters, hosts, and employers via email, chat, and phone to help them get the most out of PadPiper.
- Creating written and video content to empower our users to self-service.
- Effectively resolve customer inquiries in a considerate and timely manner.
- Investigate and troubleshoot users’ issues.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and share with appropriate channels.
- Assisting during quality assurance (QA) tests of new features and releases.
- 2+ years of experience in customer support by phone, chat, or email, and know how to do it well. You understand the role of Customer Happiness and go above and beyond to support the customers.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Naturally empathetic person who is a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the web and how it works. You’re not deploying your own code, but you’re not intimidated by technology.
- Confidence to ask for help when something is over your head.
- Ability to work from 9am-5pm PST.
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup.
We’re a tight-knit and dynamic team of product experts, tinkerers, soccer ball kickers, squash players, world travelers, podcast listeners, skiers, and squatty potty-owners. We came together after renting 49 apartments in 7 years during which we realized how bad the renting process is. We decided to fix it. We learn fast and love working with and challenging each other. In our past, we’ve worked on products for big and small companies, including Google, Apple, Salesforce, FarmLogs, and Ticketmaster.