Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Our Customer Success Managers pick up where our Implementation team leaves off, working closely with our top customers to understand their fleet and unique challenges, advising on how to customize Samsara for their needs, and becoming their long-term partner.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting Sales, Support, Sales Engineering, and Product, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a hyper-growth company from within.
In this role, you will:
- Be on the front lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our IoT platform
- Compose joint success plans with customers, outlining their objectives, metrics, timelines, and effectively removing any barriers to achieving business value
- Orchestrate executive business reviews with our customers’ decision-makers and our executive leadership where we look back at past successes and align on upcoming goals
- Conduct workshops with customers to understand their current operations and recommend workflow changes to get the most out of their Samsara products
- Deeply understand the Samsara platform’s capabilities and explain them to businesses of all types – field services, utilities, long-haul transportation, school buses, and many more.
- Serve as a mentor to the wider Customer Success and Support teams
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-4+ years of experience in a senior Customer Success, account management, or strategic consulting role. Enterprise SaaS experience preferred
- This is a demanding position with high internal visibility, that requires strong priority management and high emotional intelligence
- Experience supporting or working with technical products
- Solutions-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software
- Passion for going above and beyond the call of duty, taking initiative, and thriving in a fast-paced, change-heavy environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
- Experience serving and supporting large-scale business solutions at Fortune 500 companies
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.