GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We’re looking for Customer Success Architects to develop positive technical relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer outcomes, and we’re extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to deepen our technical relationships with customers, be a technical advisor, and have a passion for working with others.
A Customer Success Architect (CSA) is the technical champion for GitHub customers, who focuses on connecting the technical and business customer activities in partnership with GitHub Customer Success Managers. The CSA will be expected to help customers achieve their business outcomes related to topics such as software development lifecycle, devops, innersource, code analysis and security, product strategy and enablement. The CSA will coach technical champions within customer organizations on how to identify and plan technical strategies to address their most pressing business problems. Common activities include workflow design, deployment architecture guidance, and adoption planning.
Many of our customers begin with a set of strategic projects that grow into sizable partnerships. Working with GitHub Customer Success Managers, the CSA will:
- Lead customers in the application of GitHub products and services offerings to meet their desired business outcomes. This may include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day or aiding in overcoming technical and cultural blockers to adoption.
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account team (Customer Success Manager, Enterprise Sales Managers, Enterprise Account Managers, and Solutions Engineers) to define and execute account strategy
- Be the customer’s champion inside of GitHub, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other groups
- Recommend product improvements based on customer experiences
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including both technology that is inside GitHub, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of GitHub
- Support the expansion and renewal opportunities.
- 5+ years experience in technical consulting, technical customer success, or other customer-facing technical roles
- Experience helping customers with software development practices, devops, CI/CD, or open source development practices
- Passion for continually improving the customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can quickly identify and solve technical and business challenges related to software delivery
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Ability to travel approximately 25% when it is safe to do so
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, tools and workflows
- In-depth knowledge of the enterprise Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software composition and security analysis, SAST/DAST tooling
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of DevSecOps patterns and industry trends
- Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains.
Minimum salary of $71,040 to maximum $159,200
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.