Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
At Coursera, our Marketing and Communications team is responsible for brand development, product marketing, PR, and acquisition and retention marketing for learners, enterprises, and university partners. We are looking for a Customer Marketing Manager who can help us build a loyal base of engaged, happy and successful customers. This role will primarily focus on our rapidly growing Coursera for Campus customer base and will play an integral role in driving customer adoption, usage and conversion of our newly launched Coursera for Campus Basic Plan. This will be a contract position.
In this role, you will develop and deliver campaigns that enable success at each stage of the customer lifecycle, drive adoption of our products and content as well as support select key global customer marketing initiatives. You are a self-starter who can flex between working independently and cross-functionally across key partners and stakeholders. The successful candidate will be capable of leveraging insights and data to inform marketing plans and be comfortable working across multiple-marketing channels including email, events, video, content and in-product communications to deliver customer engagement and growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our C4C & C4C Basic Plan customers (administrators) and end-users (students) including their challenges, success stories and motivations to inform marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Build, execute and optimize campaigns and initiatives to drive customer engagement, adoption and success across the customer lifecycle.
- Drive awareness and adoption of Coursera’s products and content
- Collaborate with customer success, sales, creative, product and product marketing teams to develop new levers, collateral, tools and tests that drive adoption, usage and ultimately conversion or renewal
- Track performance of key metrics, tests, and campaigns to drive constant improvement and report to the leadership team
- Support key initiatives and special projects as needed.
- 5+ years leading B2B or university marketing campaigns or programs in a fast growth environment
- Background in managing multi-channel marketing campaigns including emails, in-app messages, events and webinars
- Background using data to build and optimize marketing campaigns and programs
- Experience working cross functionally to develop and execute complex marketing campaigns and programs
- Direct experience in SaaS B2B marketing preferred with a background in online education, customer marketing or university marketing a plus
- Ability to develop actionable customer insights through quantitative and qualitative sources
- Experience working with enterprise sales organizations
- Understanding of how to mix digital marketing channels, events and tactics to drive customer engagement and adoption across the entire customer lifecycle
- Experience developing messaging across multiple customer segments with varying needs and challenges
- Global experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.