Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is looking for a dynamic leader to transform how our customers shop and remove difficulties from every step of the process. This candidate will build insight into customer behavior, attitudes, preferences, and experiences, presenting data that will empower the rest of the organization to delight our customers. The role requires a high level of problem solving, project management, and cross-functional collaboration. You will report to our Director of Customer Insights.
- Understand customer behavior and uncover improvement opportunities from multiple points of behavior data
- Deliver recommendations that address opportunities for customer experience improvements through data driven insights
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive experience improvements – Track, measure, and report on projects
- Support strategy initiatives with a customer-first approach to data analysis
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7-10 years work experience in e-commerce, analytics, digital product, or digital CX Strategy
- Strong analytical skills – creative problem solver that can run analyses using different sources of information and deliver comprehensive, balanced & impactful analysis
- Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience integrating, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to optimally build and nurture relationships, interact at all levels within the organization and across functions
- Strong oral and written communication skills – including the ability to influence stakeholders, develop and deliver complex messages in a professional and direct manner
- You are customer centric and passionate about supporting an impactful organization with a focus on shopper experience
- You are analytical by nature. Your ideas for improvement programs begin and end with data
- You understand statistical analysis, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- You thrive in a start-up environment, making the most of what you have available to you through innovative solutions
- You get things done, driving short-term results while planning for long-term solutions
- You are equally as comfortable presenting to executives as you are working side-by-side with our customer-facing team
- You have a team-oriented mentality. We are better together
- You are passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Customer Insights
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office/home office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Occasional facilitation of customer experience, grocery packing, or delivery teams, as necessary
- May need to lift up to 50 lbs
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.