Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Customer Care Representative position provides professional, quality, and “best in class” service for existing and prospective customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and philosophies of Sunrun. This position involves activities including but not limited to inbound and outbound phone calls, email, live chat, letter, fax, data entry, and social media. This role is responsible for facilitating, analyzing, and resolving customer issues, providing product support and following up to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serves as a company ambassador by delivering a high level of professionalism and quality through the delivery of exceptional customer service and support by utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills and effective telephone techniques
- Troubleshoots and problem solves customer’s issues or concerns by providing solutions, recommendations, replacements, gathering of sensitive information, and/or detailed product information with a sense of urgency while using a positive and empathic approach at all times
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records with a high attention to detail to ensure accurate data is entered in CRM and other technology as needed
- Completes daily tasks within pre-established timelines by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects or cross functional teams with minimal direction from management
- Meets all identified team and client performance metrics, goals and deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing, high performing team based environment. Provides back up support to other teams as needed
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge
- Builds relationships and works closely with customers, co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed
- Recommends improvements to management in service, product, procedures, and/or packaging to support operational excellence or to prevent future issues of a similar nature
- Report any training needs or system error/discrepancies to supervisor
- Complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years of customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis
- Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner
- Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private customer information in accordance to Sunrun’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drives results in a fast paced, team based environment
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand
- Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:
$15.50 to $19.42 per hour.
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.