Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for someone with a background in deploying large-scale and strategic survey programs, including the full life cycle of research (methodology, survey design, data analysis, report creation, and storytelling) with experience mapping and tracking surveys along the customer life cycle. We are looking for a data-driven go-getter who takes initiative in reading and understanding the latest survey design research and is enamored with the science of response rates and optimization. We envision you maturing our survey program while providing consulting across the organization, including program scoping, coordination with partners, and execution. You will report to the Director of CX 360 Advocacy.
- Lead and deploy outstanding survey programs across Upwork’s products and services to enable a 360° view of our customer experience
- Manage relationships and contracts with our survey and CX program vendor(s) while establishing clear communication and expectations
- Provide consulting and collaborate with teams across the organization in an agile environment from ideation to implementation and beyond
- Improve our survey program with industry best practices to help our team become category leaders in the customer experience space
- Make data-informed decisions when optimizing survey question design and methodology
- Manage roadmaps, schedules, and prioritization of programs while sharing visible progress on where things are in our survey pipeline
- Work with stakeholders and teams in maximizing documentation and asynchronous project management to keep all relevant parties in the loop
- Optimize survey campaigns to improve overall response rates and participation from targeted user groups
- Build and adhere to a survey governance plan to ensure consistency in our survey program and minimize survey fatigue from our users
- Map survey data to customer journeys to show trends, opportunities and friction in the Upwork customer experience for both marketplace and Enterprise users
- Define the most critical CX metrics to track in our user journeys and build a system for reporting and supporting these metrics with independent research where appropriate
- Lead and implement all aspects of quantitative and qualitative research from the C360 team while collaborating alongside other research functions at Upwork
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (as appropriate) manner to executives & key stakeholders, and drive important action based on those findings
- Derive a data story or narrative behind the numbers and interpret trends/patterns
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on actionable insights, not just data
- Perform root-cause analyses and data discovery to surface what matters most
- Deliver training to others and create enablement materials (methodology, survey design, execution, distribution, analytics, automation, etc.)
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, from ideation to writing, analysis and insights
- Solid understanding of survey best practices and industry standards measuring customer and employee experiences
- Strong program management background, experience leading large projects, well-rounded technical background in survey platforms, and managing multiple programs simultaneously
- Strategic problem solver, ability to connect the dots between the survey technology, data, and each team’s business needs/goals
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to translate raw data into stories
- Ability to quickly and optimally analyze research data and communicate rich findings
- Proven experience in cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing both structured and unstructured data
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with a track record of decisive decision making
- Knowledge and experience with agile project methodologies
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $93,000 – $144,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits – including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.