Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity’s unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Role can be remote (within the U.S.)
Students come to Udacity to learn new skills to help them land their dream jobs. It’s our job on the Content Team to create educational programs that deliver on this promise.
Curriculum Managers are the linchpin of course development at Udacity. In order to teach our students in-demand, industry-relevant skills, Curriculum Managers pair with industry experts to build courses together. As a Curriculum Manager, you will translate our instructors’ domain expertise into effective learning experiences that teach students real-world skills. You’ll advocate for our students and for instructional quality through every step of course development, analyze student feedback to continue improving our content, and experiment with ways to improve the instructor and student experiences.
- Collaborate with instructors to design effective learning experiences, managing and supporting them through the course development process
- Onboard new instructors to the course development process, and introduce them to Udacity’s tools and pedagogical best practices
- Be the first student during course development
- Ensure course materials meet Udacity quality standards and align with style guidelines
- Analyze feedback and performance data from user testing and prioritize revisions to improve the content effectiveness and drive student outcomes
- Assist course instructors with importing videos, text, exercises, and projects to the Udacity library
- “Train the trainer” – assess instructor skills and teach instructors to become better teachers
- Lead initiatives and experiments to improve the instructor experience at Udacity
What We Value:
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective, surface areas for improvement, and prioritize revisions
- Understanding of online learning and content design
- Excellent English writing skills
- Exceptional intelligence and problem-solving skills
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.