Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors – Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few. Udacity has the potential to transform the world at large scale by providing the life-long learners an opportunity to re-skill or upskill them in future bleeding edge skills and create a meaningful impact in professional and personal lives. We are similarly, helping the enterprises solve the talent shortage issue by being their partner of choice in transforming their workforce while they embark on digital transformation journey. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing…read on!
Students come to Udacity to learn new skills to help them land their dream jobs. It’s our job on the Content Team to create educational programs that deliver on this promise.
Curriculum Managers are the linchpin of course development at Udacity. In order to teach our students in-demand, industry-relevant skills, Curriculum Managers pair with industry experts to build courses together. As a Curriculum Manager, you will translate our instructors’ domain expertise into effective learning experiences that teach students real-world skills. You’ll advocate for our students and for instructional quality through every step of course development, analyze student feedback to continue improving our content, and experiment with ways to improve the instructor and student experiences.
- Collaborate with instructors to design effective learning experiences, managing and supporting them through the course development process
- Onboard new instructors to the course development process, and introduce them to Udacity’s tools and pedagogical best practices
- Be the first student during course development
- Ensure course materials meet Udacity quality standards and align with style guidelines
- Analyze feedback and performance data from user testing and prioritize revisions to improve the content effectiveness and drive student outcomes
- Assist course instructors with importing videos, text, exercises, and projects to the Udacity library
- “Train the trainer” – assess instructor skills and teach instructors to become better teachers
- Lead initiatives and experiments to improve the instructor experience at Udacity
What We Value:
- A strong technical foundation – software engineering and data analysis skills are critical
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective, surface areas for improvement, and prioritize revisions
- Understanding of online learning and content design
- Excellent English writing skills
- Exceptional intelligence and problem-solving skills
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.