As the Group Creative Director, you will join our in-house team of conceptual problem solvers responsible for defining Upwork’s brand voice and character through innovative campaigns. You will head a team of the world’s best copywriters and art directors to embrace big ideas that drive business objectives. You will guide your team of creatives while remaining hands-on with the work, always seeking to set a higher standard for the team and the brand.
- Work alongside the Creative Directors to build creative pairings and direct concept and campaign development.
- Build and lead a team of 15+ conceptual creatives and marketing copywriters. Be as much a leader as a hands-on contributor to high-level campaign work varying from TV, to activations, to products.
- Define, iterate, and implement our brand vision, benefits, character, and positioning company wide.
- Autonomously run all aspects of the creative team and assigned projects with minimal direction and collaborate with and present directly to business owners.
- Clearly and confidently communicate and present creative decisions, gather and implement feedback from project owners and designers, and handle project owner’s expectations.
- Work closely with strategic partners across marketing, product and design, and apply business and customer insights to create original and innovative concepts.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the skills above. Please include a link to your portfolio; applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Experience developing a group of creatives and presenting to business leadership.
- Standout collaborator with a track record of working across subject areas.
- A mix of agency and in-house experience is a plus.
- Strong conceptual abilities.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $191,000 – $269,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.