With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We’re looking for ReCharge’s first Corporate Controller to join the Finance & Accounting team and collaborate on building out the global accounting department and financial system architecture. Our Finance & Accounting team is focused on building a best in class team to help support the quickly growing business. This role will report to the CFO.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Manage all aspects of Accounting, developing processes that facilitate early discovery of issues and quick resolutions, and providing feedback and support to the rest of the organization
- Strategic planning of team expansion and process improvement for future business growth
- Determine, define, and manage new technical accounting areas, e.g., Revenue and Billing, Capitalization and Amortization of Product Development, Stock Based Compensation, Taxes, etc.
- Determine, define, and manage global transactional accounting areas, e.g., Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Payroll, etc.
- Review new contracts and agreements to determine proper accounting treatment
- Serve as the company’s primary authority related to US GAAP
- Assist in an annual audit process
- Oversee preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Ensure proper management of stock plan administration and treatment of employee events (grants, exercises, cancellations)
- Ensure internal controls are effective and efficient
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes that increase efficiency
- Provide leadership during accounting software upgrades, new module enablement, and related software development
- Drive process automation
- Continuously improve payment reporting by working with vendors to optimize in-bound reporting as well as internal groups to generate meaningful management reporting
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2+ years as a Controller or Finance Director in a high growth company with >$50m revenue
- At least 8+ years of accounting, finance or other relevant experience
- At least 10 years of management experience
- BA / BS in Accounting or other related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, IFRS a plus
- Private company accounting experience required
- Public company accounting experience a plus
- Experience with NetSuite or other tier I and II accounting software strongly preferred
- Exposure to current eCommerce payment methods, including Shopify
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management in various departments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and driven to do things right
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.