Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
We’re looking for a Manager, Accounting, who will help build out a world-class accounting team. You’ll play a critical role in scaling the organization and create new or improve existing processes.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity – manage significant initiatives across the organization, as well as develop and motivate staff
- Coach and mentor team members to improve overall team skills that will allow for the company to scale efficiently
- Work independently on projects on an as-needed basis
- Prepare workpapers to support the month-end close and reporting period
- Review work product of direct reports, providing constructive feedback and improving the documentation quality of the team
- Work closely with management to provide insights into the business, potential needs for team growth and identifying areas of improvement
- Key member for the SOX implementation initiatives including documentation of internal control procedures, identification of inefficiencies/gaps and implementation of process improvements
- 4-7 years experience in a relevant role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Industry experience preferred
- Experience with system implementations
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-accounting audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $119000 – $140000
US Zone 2: $105000 – $123000
US Zone 3: $93000 – $109000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary