Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise. The smartest, brightest, and most bold, the tenacious, willing, the unsung heroes, self-taught, the scrappy, driven, the passionate, daring, the unafraid. Experts.
Degreed is growing quickly with 400+ employees, an award-winning product, and one of the most innovative brands in skills & learning. Our marketing is a big reason why. In everything from our product, to our marketing events and content, we hold extremely high standards. We need an editing machine, who loves the written word and coaching other writers.
We’re not just looking for a grammatical genius or a lover of English lit. We want a creative, hard-working, experimental, and efficient content writer. We will prioritize those who are friendly, a defender of the oxford comma, and/or can make us laugh. If this sounds like you, let us know!
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics and trends
- Developing content for blogs, articles, white papers, and eBooks
- Proofreading content for errors and brand inconsistencies
- Conducting keyword research, using SEO best practices, and monitoring basic content metrics
- Writing cheeky headlines aligned with our *borderline subversive* brand voice
- Working with our brand design team to see premium content through the production process
- Writing anything from social copy to case studies, blog posts, newsletters, and everything in-between
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for our blog
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience
- Proficient in all things WordPress, front- and (ideally) back-end
- Bonus if you also have knowledge of editorial management platforms, such as Airtable
- A portfolio of published articles
- Over-the-top attention to detail and tedious editing skills
- Experience working with brand designers on content production
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Effective communication skills
- A baseline knowledge of SEO best practices
- Bonus if you are proficient in keyword research platforms, like Conductor, AHREFS, etc.
- Basic proficiency pulling content metrics from data-driven platforms, preferably in tools like Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.
- Comfortable living in the gray areas of all things marketing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.