WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across VIP. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage marketing team where your impact will be significant. We hope you can join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Content Writer to join our fully remote team. Reporting to the Content Marketing Lead, this role will help execute WordPress VIP’s content strategy across all go-to-market channels.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our benefits page.
As a Content Writer at WordPress VIP, you’ll:
- Execute and maintain outstanding content across the entire buyer’s journey.
- Create a wide range of longform content including reports, ebooks, guides, white papers, case studies, solution briefs, blog posts, and website copy.
- Work with in-house subject matter experts to take their compelling stories and ideas from concept to published content for a variety of channels.
- In partnership with our Demand Generation and Growth teams, support our SEO strategy by producing content across our websites that attracts potential leads and customers to WordPress VIP.
- Use content analytics to measure and optimize the efficiency of the content you create.
- Ensure a consistent voice and tone while serving as a brand custodian.
Deep expertise in the following areas will be vital for success in this role:
- Strong writer – Writing proficiency and flair is a must, with a strong voice and ability to optimize copy for SEO. Experience with enterprise/B2B tech writing. Proficiency in creating a wide range of compelling marketing assets in collaboration with an exceptional design team. Excellent writer and editor, with demonstrated experience producing content campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Market expertise – 5+ years of related content marketing experience for the B2B technology segment.
- Analytical capabilities – Ability to analyze data and develop optimized content based on metrics. Ability to take multiple inputs and synthesize them into cohesive content that drives audience engagement and ultimately business growth for WordPress VIP.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively, in the appropriate voice, to our audience as well as internally, via different types of content.
- Initiative – Self-motivation and initiative. Passionate about content marketing and comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, often working under tight deadlines. Creative problem solver with an ongoing stream of out-of-the-box ideas to differentiate WordPress VIP in a changing marketplace.
- Operational excellence – Capable of working within multiple systems (CMS, marketing automation, CRM, project management, etc.) to execute campaigns. Proficiency in WordPress and creative and workflow tools such as, Asana, Adobe, Slack, Figma, etc.
- Video scripting and creation experience
- Event content creation and promotion
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS, WordPress VIP, and Parse.ly (or other analytics solutions)
How to Apply:
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Please include answers to the questions below in your cover letter. Additionally, please submit writing samples that are relevant to the role.
- What can you contribute to the team?
- Choosing one existing WordPress VIP longform content piece from here, how would you repurpose the content to drive more leads?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.