“The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 400 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a Digital Content Strategist (Contractor) to join our team.
The digital strategist will help us establish the first editorial presence on Reddit. You will be on the pulse of the most important and interesting conversations happening in our subreddits. Your role will be to mine for interesting content across Reddit and decide which of the stories should be featured on our platform and seen by millions of users. You will be part of the Product organization, but this role is unique in that it will feel and act like being part of a digital editorial team like the App store or the Play store.
An ideal candidate is an editorial-minded social media and online community expert who is guided by data and focused on business goals. You have a deep understanding of Reddit content and have a sixth sense for what other Reddit users want to see and care about. In addition to these traits, you have excellent communication skills and can think about content from both a strategic and creative perspective.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. We’re growing quickly, innovating daily, and aggressively tackling our mission to be the home for community and conversation online. Our first-ever Digital Strategist will play a pivotal role in attaining our mission!
- Create and execute an on-platform content strategy based on business goals.
- Define and implement our on-platform editorial decision making framework.
- Ensure our content strategy meets the ambitious growth goals without compromising creative integrity.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of key events across the news and other social platforms,s and find and promote relevant content on Reddit.
- Monitor content on Reddit, understand trends and inform relevant internal teams.
- Build strong collaborative relationships and alliances with key internal teams to prioritize and establish the team’s roadmap.
- Measure, analyze and improve content quality and performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best in class content experiences that perform well and delight our users.
- Generate content to supplement and complement our editorial choices.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams and Reddit users as needed for product launches.
- Proactively search for (and develop) unique opportunities for creative, Reddit-y engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 2-4 years of related work experience strongly preferred (social media, digital strategy, editorial, journalism)
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Reddit’s never-ending rabbit hole of awesome communities
- Proven experience with editorial best practices
- Business oriented with ability to understand sophisticated data analysis
- Precise, typo-free, and creative communication skills, both in person and in writing
- Comfort with regular image-editing (bonus points for gif-making)
- You are passionate about great storytelling, sophisticated business analysis, and are a stickler for top-tier editorial standards and quality prose
- You are intellectually curious and display excellent taste and judgment
- You are a positive, straightforward, and effective communicator
- Ability to write punchy copy on the fly for a wide variety of content—without ending up on r/FellowKids