Sales Hacker is a community for sales professionals, owned by Outreach. Sales Hacker’s mission is to elevate the sales profession by providing actionable, industry-leading educational content, and helping forge career-making community connections.
You will have access to a robust suite of digital marketing tools. You don’t have to be an expert in all of them, but you should be interested in how best to use them to inform and maximize our reach and growth.
The Sales Hacker team is 100% remote. Although we communicate constantly and we do get together from time to time, we enjoy being able to work in the places that make us most comfortable and productive.
We have fun, and we make a difference! What we do is exciting, and when you really hit a home run, you’ll hear lots of thank you’s from the Sales Hacker Community.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to lead and execute a content strategy that fuels Sales Hacker’s thriving, deeply engaged community of B2B sales professionals.
Your primary goal: drive sustainable traffic growth on SalesHacker.com by managing the production and promotion of all content published under the Sales Hacker brand: blogs, podcasts, video series, primary research reports, and any other new initiatives.
You will work in close partnership with our freelance Editor, Community Manager, and other teams at Outreach, as well as our strong network of expert contributors, who produce all of our written content.
Since we source our content entirely from expert practitioners, sales leaders, and consultants, you don’t need to be a sales expert yourself, but a healthy enthusiasm for the sales profession is a must.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Leading a team of contractors, and balancing execution and delegation effectively
- Coordinating all content topic and promotion efforts so the Sales Hacker brand is presented as one voice on all channels
- Oversee the publishing 8+ world-class pieces of editorial content per week, at a minimum length of 1,000 words
- Managing the entire content production process from concept to publishing, and data reporting on results
- Working with some of the world’s most exciting brands and thought leaders as the “content concierge” for the Sales Hacker partner program, which includes day-to-day communications with partners about sponsored blog posts
- Balancing pace and polish, leading a team to produce content on a deadline
- Providing white-glove service and direction to the best possible results for partners and contributors
- Holding contributors to our high content quality standards
- Overseeing the execution of an SEO strategy that continuously improves keyword rankings, and captures new ranking opportunities with new content
- Managing freelance editors and contractors
- Securing thought leadership and guest-posting opportunities on other top-publisher sites
- 3+ years in a content management role at a marketing agency or high growth SaaS company (B2B preferred)
- Experience managing the work of others to achieve traffic growth goals
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success with growing traffic through content marketing
- You are driven by ranking for more and better keywords with on-page SEO
- You are also keen on social shareability
- You believe headlines like “5 ways to do XYZ” are boring
- You know how to make content of all types interesting and impactful
- You have the ability to think creatively and innovatively
- You work with a high sense of urgency and organization
- Bonus if you have experience using Ahrefs, SEMrush, Yoast, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Asana, WordPress.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
- Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women’s Network)
- A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute’s Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen