We are hiring a Content Manager, Photos to oversee a team of photo curators and reviewers responsible for image selection, technical and legal review, curation, and processing for our Vecteezy.com licensing marketplace. In addition, the Content Manager, Photos will regularly collaborate with photographers and our marketing team to strategically build out a high-quality commercial stock photo collection and identify commercially viable content for our customers.
The job of the Content Manager, Photos will be to evaluate and manage a team of photo curators and reviewers and support day-to-day operations, including managing scheduling for coverage, reviewing images for quality aspects and overall integrity, clean-up of metadata and keywords for accuracy in accordance with our submission guidelines and standards. You will be enhancing the experience for our contributors by prioritizing image selection and processing with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
This role will also be responsible for reviewing and pulling data to analyze trends and behavior of reviewers and curators to improve image selection and curation with consideration for key attributes including legal adherence, commercial value, speed, and general quality.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven and has a great eye for beautiful photography and creative trends. If you’re excited to immerse yourself in stock photography and be an enthusiastic leader who inspires their team members by developing and mentoring to improve overall performance, then this is the role for you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Analyze: Review and pull data to analyze trends and behavior to improve image selection and curation and understand overall performance of team members
- Learn: Keep up to date with current photography and design trends. Understand what types of content will be most useful for our customers. Sustain interest in the global photography industry and track insights.
- Curate: Support reviewers and curators as they sift through photo content quickly, ensuring they maintain a high standard for quality and relevance. Identify which files have the highest quality and commercial value so these contributors can be presented to marketing and our customers.
- Adapt: Quickly adapt to the changes in workflow and processes, goals, and projects that are consistent with the ever-changing startup environment and culture.
- Develop: Use your experience and expertise to manage and develop a team of curators and reviewers to identify high quality, relevant, and visually pleasing photos for stock photography use, ensuring adherence to legal and commercial standards
Here’s what you need:
- 3+ years of professional photo editing experience
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for photography with professional production experience, preferably as a photo editing team lead, contributor to stock agencies, or photo production manager. (required)
- Comfortable being the escalation point for any issues regarding photo editing or review, as well as legal judgment calls (required)
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines (required)
- Certificate or Associates degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or a related field. (preferred)
- Experience reviewing photo content or other forms of artwork and providing actionable feedback to artists. (preferred)
- Self-disciplined and able to thrive in a flexible, product-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye for quality designs and production.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems
What is Eezy?
We’re a rapidly growing tech-focused company located in Bowling Green, KY, with a disruptive business model and an entrepreneurial environment that can allow you to thrive. We’re on a mission to make the world a more beautiful place by allowing digital creative assets to be more accessible to everyone. Millions of designers visit our network of websites each month to download stock vectors, videos, photos, and other types of design assets. We put emphasis on our G.A.R.D.E.N. core values because after all, we are in this together.
Genuine | Ambitious | Reliable | Detailed | Enthusiastic | Nimble