Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
As the Hipcamp Operations team, it’s our mission to expand the Hipcamp community, and to support it with programs and processes that create the best possible experiences for Hosts and Hipcampers.
About the Role
Hipcamp is seeking a Community Manager who is passionate about building and nurturing communities, both online and offline. You will foster, facilitate, synthesize, and report on community feedback from a variety of sources (social channels, community groups, NPS feedback, interviews, etc.) to help drive our product and operations roadmaps.
You’ll be responsible for moderating (and initiating) conversations, providing support, and reporting on community feedback from our social channels and private Host community. You will develop expertise in our product in order to quickly answer questions from our community, while also identifying ways we can enhance our product and operations for the community. A nuanced understanding of NPS will be your compass for where we need to improve our product and services, and you’ll regularly equip stakeholders across Hipcamp with those data driven insights.
You will also lead the creation of new ways to engage with and learn from our community. From interviews, webinars, training sessions, to online events, you will experiment and scale these new efforts by partnering with other teams across Hipcamp.
What success looks like:
- You enable Ops and Product to be more responsive to our community by providing frequent and actionable reporting on what’s most important to Hosts and Hipcampers.
- Your insights result in industry leading NPS on both sides of our marketplace.
- You increase community participation and engagement across all our existing channels, and identify new ones to expand into.
- You set up new, cost effective, ways to gather our Host and Hipcamper community together, along with the Hipcamp team.
What sets you up for success:
- 3+ years of experience building and managing communities.
- You’re a self-proclaimed Hipcamp brand advocate!
- You’re obsessed with engaging with communities, capturing their feedback, and then taking a data driven approach to equip other teams with that data in order to drive results for the community.
- You are excited about synthesizing conversations from social media into impactful insights & results for the company.
- You move quickly. When you see an opportunity, you go for it.
- You bias for business impact, not perfection.
- Excellent analytical instincts.
- You’re hands on with data and effectively use data in decision making, execution, and process improvement.
- You excel at storytelling, and better yet, you want to elevate the stories of the community to create a holistic brand narrative across channels.
- You’ve maintained a publishing calendar, hit deadlines and tracked results successfullyYou’re able to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams.
- You have a strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals.
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.