Location: East coast US or EU timezone preferred.
Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, an open source dashboarding tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics. It’s commonly used for infrastructure and application monitoring, and we’ve also seen installations to monitor things like beehives, power-plants, or even ambulances. Grafana’s mission is to democratize metrics: users can create dashboards that help them get insights into how their applications behave, enabling them to iterate, take action and improve faster. Commercially, Grafana Labs sells enterprise support plans and has offerings for both metrics and logs.
We are a family-friendly company (lots of us have kids) and consider ourselves a remote/distributed company. Even if you are located near one of our offices in New York, Stockholm or Berlin, working from home is both common and encouraged.
The Online Community Manager is responsible for cultivating the Grafana community across all social media platforms. They talk to people. They listen. They advocate for the needs and concerns of community members. In this role, you will help Grafana Labs become an active and vital part of the Grafana community.
- Proven work experience of managing online communities
- Previous experience working remotely and with open source communities, bonus if you have experience with startups as well
- Experience launching community initiatives, such as forums, ambassador programs, creating event series, and writing newsletters
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Technologies you’ll work with
- Hugo, Markdown, Git
- Social media platforms such as Slack, Twitter, IRC, Facebook, GitHub
- Grafana visualization software, possibly related products like Loki, Cortex, and Metrictank
- Data sources (Prometheus, Graphite, others)
What you’ll be doing
- Immerse yourself in the Grafana community
- Monitor and moderate the Grafana community on social media platforms
- Create and enforce community standards
- Analyze social media traffic data
- Write blog posts and other social media content
- Write content for the Grafana website and contribute to technical documentation
- Coach other Grafanistas on how to respond to community issues in a friendly and inclusive way
- Help define strategy for communicating changes to the community
- Advocate internally for people to be active in the community (speak at conferences, write blog posts, etc.)
- Help organize online educational workshop to drive interest and contributions to Grafana
- Help shape and define community metrics and OKRs
- Do community work within Grafana Labs as well as outside
What will you bring to the role?
- A passion for connecting and nurturing online communities
- Ability bring people together
- Excellent communication skill
- Work in a motivated, highly-engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
- Competitive benefits
What’s it like to work at Grafana Labs?
At our core, Grafana Labs is an open company. We believe that open source is the superior way to build and deliver software. We also believe in being open and transparent with our employees. We believe that transparency breeds trust and that trust is the foundation of great teamwork. We actively seek to break down silos, empower employees with information and allow people to “see the whole picture.” This transparency extends to our strategy, our financials, our successes, and our failures. We empower our team to make their own decisions and trust that they will try to do the right thing.
We are a remote first team. Our three founders are on three different continents and our team of 111 global employees are based in 23 different countries. Hiring remotely unlocks the broadest, most diverse, most talented pool of potential employees. It also means that we have built our culture around a flexible and autonomous work environment based on trust.
Equal Opportunity EmployerAt Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and to do their best work. We know that our company runs on the smart work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.