Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 500,000 learners have taken more than over 2M class hours. We’ve more than tripled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 80 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M.
We’re an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Wikipedia, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers and organizations than ever before. We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
As the first Business Recruiter at Outschool, you’ll help us grow teams such as Product, Marketing, Schools & Distribution, Operations, and Customer Experience. You’ll leverage tools and sourcing strategies to diversify our talent pool across all teams and be instrumental in scaling out our hiring processes and talent strategy.
- Full-cycle recruiting: sourcing and engaging diverse talent and owning their progression through the various stages of the hiring process, all the way to closing
- Strategic advising and leveraging of recruiting expertise with hiring managers; influencing the adoption of best practices, using pipeline insights and reporting to alter processes, and collaborating creatively on ways to iterate
- Creatively coming up with ways to diversify our pipeline through sourcing, job boards, and other partners
- Prioritizing candidate experience throughout the process, holding yourself to a high degree of responsiveness, and representing Outschool well
- Structuring interviews to mitigate bias, optimize for candidate experience, and efficiency
- Upholding and screening for our cultural values: Bring others in, Embrace challenge, Remix our work, Stand for learners
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy of candidate records and job postings in Lever
- Involvement in ad hoc events, recruiting programs, and other projects as needed
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle Recruiter, building diverse and motivated teams
- Track record of creative strategies for sourcing passive talent from underrepresented ethnic and gender demographics
- Track record of balancing managing an efficient high volume pipeline with providing an incredible candidate experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to speak authentically and represent Outschool’s mission with integrity
- Passion for inspiring kids to love learning
- Experience using metrics to inform strategy and problem-solve for bottlenecks in the process
- Ability to thrive in unstructured, fast-paced environments
- Previous startup experience, especially within tech and/or education
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.