This is a fully remote position that may be located anywhere in the US.
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona is experiencing significant growth and we are adding to our sales team! The Business Development Rep (BDR) generates qualified prospects for our SMB and Enterprise Sales teams within the Americas region. We are looking for a tenacious hunter who never gives up! The BDR will spend significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs as well as independent prospecting.
What You WIll Do
- Create awareness and interest in Percona solutions as a value add solution with prospects
- Identify and communicate with appropriate key decision makers within prospective clients
- Produce high-quality phone calls and emails that will result in meeting/exceeding monthly goals
- Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready
- Generate additional referrals by leveraging all contacts and utilizing the database to identify key targets
- Document all activity in our CRM system to support sales and management teams, validate activity and lead qualification reports, and provide the sales team with clear details on the prospect’s needs to ensure high-quality transition
- Proactively set up sales appointments for further qualification discussions
- Highly motivated individual – you are driven to succeed
- Highly developed level of maturity, self-assurance, personal and professional integrity and an underlying commitment to make things happen
- Prepared to listen, learn and develop your sales skills
Your Experience, Skills and Abilities
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years technology sales experience
- Experience conducting business and building relationships via phone and email
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to quickly adjust during prospect conversations
- Highly motivated and creative to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Ability to document all activity in our CRM system with a high degree of accuracy
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling introduction
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, comand other related technology
- Ability to work remotely full-time
- Ability to work across multiple time zones within the Americas region
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.