Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio A.I. team is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the go to market strategy for Twilio’s A.I. product lines. The person in this role will be essential in identifying target customers for an early stage product, finding repeatable patterns in customer usage, cultivating the pilot customer pipeline, and training advocates across the broader Twilio sales organization to amplify your impact. The Twilio AI’s product line enables our customers to understand the meaning of every customer interaction they have, and drive automation flows based on the content of what their customers are saying to improve business outcomes.
Twilio is looking for a Business Development Manager who lives the Twilio Magic. They also:
- Have the ability to listen to customer needs, understand the key decision makers within a company and their motivations, and translate the product capabilities to metrics that matter to our customers.
- Experience at moving in a fast-paced, early stage environment while also understanding the constraints and capability of a large go to market engine.
- Prior experience in go to market strategy. You think strategically about how to replicate early success, and have demonstrated your ability to do so.
- Have experience working with a remote and diverse international team, and collaborating with product and engineering across multiple time zones.
- Are a phenomenal communicator. Whether it’s on stage to inspire people in your vision, in a meeting with C-level customer execs, or in writing explaining strategy. You understand the power of great communication, and strive to always be improving at it. You also use those skills to be a connector – you have a knack for connecting people and building significant relationships.
- Have experience working with product management, and understand how to feed in customer-informed guidance and aggregate feedback, while leaving space and autonomy on the ‘how’.
- Can converse credibly with engineering leaders in a customer organization. You do not need to have experience with Machine Learning, but you will need to be able to learn quickly as you go.
- Build process where it’s needed. You know how to cut through bureaucracy when it’s inefficient, but also how to create structure when it’s needed.
As a Business Development Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Any early stage product has hurdles both internally and externally to navigate. When you find a roadblock, you keep searching for how to best move forward, whether that’s on your own or by building advocacy across an organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with product and engineering leaders across San Francisco, Colombia, Prague, Denver, Madrid, and London to ensure the team has clear direction (the ‘why!’) and priorities rooted in customer data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide the continuous voice of the customer to our product team. Act as an ambassador for the product and enable folks across the broader Twilio Sales and Marketing teams to be able to replicate your success.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Recognize the important decisions your team faces and give meaningful advice, based on customer use cases while understanding that every person has different view points and diversity makes us stronger.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Institute standard methodologies in replicating and scaling early success – ensure the broader team understands and communicates the problem and solution well both verbally and in writing.
- BE AN OWNER: Hunt down the things that are unknown. Seek out the challenges. And find the path from problem to resolution to large scale success..
- Travel required – up to 50% of the time post-COVID
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Customer conversations are one of the most insightful indicators of a product and business’ health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio AI team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, and extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them and build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes and better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$90,752 – $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 – $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks