Couchbase is the world’s leading cloud-native, enterprise NoSQL database for mission critical applications. Our unique NoSQL database architecture enables enterprise applications to run on any public, hybrid or multi-cloud infrastructure. We work with the world’s biggest enterprise customers focused on transforming their organizations to take advantage of the digital economy, and because of that, have been named a leader in the NoSQL database market (as noted by Forrester) and one of IT’s next billion dollar companies (as noted in Forbes). Our customers include Amadeus, Concur, eBay, GE, LinkedIn, and many others.
To support its accelerating growth, Couchbase is looking for a Business Development Manager to join its global team that works with multiple stakeholders across the organization in pursuit of driving bookings growth through the development and execution of go-to-market programs and technical solutions for the cloud ecosystem. This candidate will preferably be based in/near Seattle, WA or the San Francisco Bay Area, but candidates based in other remote locations will be considered as well.
This new role will be essential in driving Couchbase’s growth through customer adoption of our managed services offerings delivered on public and hybrid cloud infrastructure, as well as monetizing and managing existing cloud marketplace offerings and “bring your own license” (BYOL) programs. This role will also be responsible for driving Couchbase’s business objectives and developing the joint go-to-market strategies with the Public Cloud Providers (e.g, AWS, Microsoft, Google), and other related technology ecosystem partners. The position collaborates closely with our sales, marketing and product teams. The ideal candidate will have market development and business development experience in scaling a growth-stage businesses, and will be willing to operate both tactically and strategically.
- Manage and drive cloud partnerships across joint sales, marketing, product and engineering. Manage partner relationship success and satisfaction.
- Be the expert in knowing managed services consumption drivers, as well as the broader market of other database-as-a-service offerings.
- Research the go to market strategies of the cloud players and determine the best approaches to attach Couchbase within the cloud infrastructure plays and other related Analytical/AI/Mobile/IoT/Vertical-specific plays.
- Utilize, measure and maintain access to Public Cloud sponsored co-investment/marketing funds to drive Couchabse managed services adoption and public cloud resource consumption.
- Lead public cloud relationships from the contractual, operational and reporting perspective. Identify and develop new areas of the partnership which are accretive for both organizations.
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive joint marketing activity and Product Management to identify value-adding integrations.
- Develop overall strategy and success plan for each named partner. Drive monthly, quarterly progress towards strategic goals within plan.
- Act as partner advocate within Couchbase and educate on how we can further build our partner ecosystem.
- 4-6 years of strategic alliance management, enterprise sales, channel development, or solution architecture experience required
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, MSFT Azure, and GCP platforms
- Understanding of NoSQL or Relational Database space
- Communication, strategic thinking and commercial skills
- BA/BS degree or commensurate experience required
- MBA and/or technical competence is a plus
Couchbase’s mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.