**OPEN TO REMOTE**
This is a contract remote role for 20 hrs/week.
As a brand video editor on Indiegogo’s marketing team, you will be working on a variety of videos, such as: social storytelling, product explainers, sizzle videos, events coverage, Instagram Reels and Story slides, and more.
You are a storyteller first, a skilled motion graphics video editor second. You are familiar and comfortable with the motion graphic aesthetic and storytelling of modern social video. You are inspired by, or have knowledge of Vox, Nerdwriter, CrashCourse, Refinery29, Bustle, WIRED, Criterion Collection, and similar YouTube channels. Knowledge of unboxing and review videos, sizzle videos, and supercut videos is a plus!
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner. Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
Working at Indiegogo
At Indiegogo you’ll find a welcoming, supportive community that embraces collaboration, fearlessness and authenticity. We are a rapidly growing organization and our platform is used by people all over the world to raise money for their creative, cause-related, or entrepreneurial ideas. Our customers are passionate about funding their campaigns, and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team-players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” work.
If you’re passionate about what we’re passionate about, we want to meet you. If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role: www.indiegogo.com/about/careers.
- Juggle multiple design projects, working closely with creative briefs by the Indiegogo marketing team. The goal is to create attention-grabbing video content for IGG social media channels, blog, webinars, and landing pages.
- Meet the branding guidelines and deadlines established by stakeholders, but the team will also look to you for creative direction. You will be editing existing video footage and 2D/3D illustration assets, and demonstrate innovative editing and motion graphic techniques.
- Source and edit music for videos from 3rd party music vendors, and also export subtitles and captions.
- Have a desire to bring Indiegogo video content to the modern YouTube, Instagram, and FB Watch viewer/consumer.
- 3+ years of digital video experience with a strong portfolio that showcases your social video content work and skills
- Expert in After Effects (preferred), Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in video editing, audio mixing, color correction and grading, composition, motion graphics, typography, video file formats, video compression standards, aspect ratios for the different social channels, interlacing issues, frame rates, and subtitles/caption generation
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work effectively, incorporate feedback, and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter with the ability to pitch and brainstorm creative direction and specific design ideas
- Knowledge of post-production workflow, from creative brief to video compression standards, aspect ratios, interlacing issues, and frame rates
- Able to deliver high-quality design work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand the company’s business objectives and produce high-performing video solutions that represent the Indiegogo brand
- Illustration graphic design skills a plus!
- Copywriting and content marketing experience a plus!
This role is open to remote U.S residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US however International applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have U.S sponsorship or residency to work in the U.S
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO