Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh is seeking a part-time, remote Blog Editor to help us achieve our mission of bringing enjoyable, effective, and affordable online education to the world. We’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price.
We’re looking for a team player with a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field. Our team is super stoked about helping students achieve their academic dreams, and we live our company values every day.
Over the past 7 years, we’ve grown from one blog with 100 monthly visits to 15 blogs with 1 million+ monthly visits between them. We started with a single expert writing daily blog posts, and now we’re working on building out a large-scale content marketing machine. Working closely with our content marketing team and our network of 25+ remote writers, you’ll help take our content to the next level.
This is not your ordinary editing job! We are looking for a blog editor with an eye for detail, a taste for tone, a strong sense of SEO, and the ability to whip blog content into quality publishing shape. You will be in charge of reviewing, editing, formatting, and posting content across multiple blogs. You’ll add visual elements to blog posts, help contributors adhere to the Magoosh style guide, review and edit guest posts, and more!
This is a part-time, remote position – you can work from home (even in your pajamas)! Pay is $25 per hour.
Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Edit, format, and publish blog posts written by our team of 25+ bloggers across 15+ blogs using WordPress
- Ensure that content adheres to Magoosh style and tone
- Source, create, and add visual elements to blog posts using Photoshop and/or Canva or similar
- Ensure accuracy and efficacy of the advice we give students
- Ensure new posts are effectively optimized for search engine results (SEO)
- Post to social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
- Are a skilled copy editor with strong attention to detail
- Have outstanding writing skills—are a grammar maven with a clear, friendly writing style
- Are passionate about editing, writing, and education
- Have experience using WordPress and familiarity with WordPress plugins
- Know your way around basic HTML and CSS
- Have some design chops and can use Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or similar
- Understand SEO best practices and what it takes to get a post to rank
- Are always “plugged in” and very responsive online
- Have a BA or BS
- Have at least 2 years experience as a copy editor, blog editor, or similar
- Can work a minimum of 15 hours per week (with the opportunity for more)
Extra credit if you…
- Have written for blogs before or have your own blog
- Are already familiar with Yoast
- Have familiarity with Adobe Suite
- Have taught or tutored for standardized tests
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.