Terminal engineers bring programmable in-person payments interfaces with Stripe to businesses around the world.
As Stripe launches Stripe Terminal, we are hiring engineers to help reimagine in-person payments. The Terminal Reader team builds and enhances the Reader payment application – the software running on the Stripe Payment Terminal that connects customers paying in-person to the Stripe ecosystem. We are accountable for the quality, reliability and security of this interaction.
The Terminal Reader team partners with the Stripe design, product, infrastructure, logistics and support teams to bring a developer forward platform for in-person payments in the same way we have done online. We are looking for product minded engineers to help us expand Stripe Terminal to new platforms and forms of payment to meet the needs of our customers across the globe.
- Develop secure Android payment applications for a variety of devices and form factors.
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes, and advocate for product quality as part of your daily job.
- Work closely with design and product teams to articulate and build new features that make in-store payments enjoyable and intuitive.
- Join forces with user-facing teams to delight users with quick problem resolution and iterate on product quality improvements.
- Collaborate with teammates up the stack on backend code, protocol design, end to end security and UI design.
- Mentor newer team members.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are interested in developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality Android applications in Java and Kotlin.
- Have experience in modifying and integrating Android frameworks.
- Contributed to, or authored highly ranked Android applications that integrate across Android layers.
- Have shipped SDKs and NDKs.
- Have experience or interest in developing in C/C++ for embedded, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working on EMV solutions.
- Built security features around concepts of mutual authentication, PKI security, keystores, trusted execution environments.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.