Remote Year Business Description
Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend either 4 or 12 months together working, traveling, and exploring cities around the world. Programs spend one month in each location, connecting with local cultures and business ecosystems, while forming lifelong, personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
The Accounting Analyst role is an entry-level position at a growing, VC-backed, future of work startup. We’re looking for an analyst to join the finance team at Remote Year, reporting the Finance & Accounting Lead, as part of a small, four-person team. In this role, you will develop your skills as an accountant and learn the ropes of how a finance organization operates at a growing company. The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for reporting accounting information internally, reconciling financial transactions with Remote Year’s customers, employees, banks, and partners.
– Own certain monthly accounting tasks related to revenue including but not limited to classification of cash activity, reconciliation of cash and receivable accounts, and recognition of income.
– Manage credit card and debit card issuance through ordering/canceling cards for employees, assigning cards in expense platform and monitoring overall change management.
– Manage expense reporting platform through communication with employees/managers, creation of training materials, and coordination with expense platform vendor to implement new features.
– Own the monthly employee expense reporting process through review of employee expenses, reconciliation of credit cards, tracking of employee stipend usage, and processing reimbursements.
– Perform monthly reconciliation of petty cash across 12 different countries.
– Identify and implement process improvements; document processes through the creation of written training files and employee video tutorials.
– Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
– Experience in accounting, finance, or similar role a plus
– Advanced in Microsoft Excel and/or google sheets
– Experience with QuickBooks Online and expense platforms a plus
– Fluency in English
– Great attention to detail
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Ability to work with minimal guidance and be comfortable operating in a remote work environment
Passion – We are looking for someone who is excited about the unique way that we are changing the world and is ready to be at the forefront of the future of work movement
Ownership – We aspire for autonomy, so be prepared to demonstrate fierce dedication and to take ownership of your assigned work and any new challenges that come your way
Organization – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
Interpersonal skills – We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively and with the ability to connect with and support our customers and employees
**This is a remote position