DomainTools is looking for a talented Account Executive to accelerate our enterprise sales growth. The ideal candidate will be all at once a proven closer, a voracious pipeline builder and have a passion for building strong relationships with their customers.
You will use your extensive experience and consultative selling skills to communicate our solutions to a mix of highly technical practitioners, and business-level stakeholders. You will be responsible for initiating relationships with current and prospective customers and employ effective selling strategies to successfully position DomainTools as a critical element in any corporation’s security architecture.
You will be responsible for quarterbacking deals from start to finish, managing a specific sales territory across all target industries. You will work with our existing sales organization, marketing and strategic partners/resellers to source qualified opportunities, run an effective sales process to drive value and accelerate the buying decision, develop and negotiate sales contracts and drive to closure. Tools and data will be provided to support outbound sales development work for your territory; the expectation is that this role will receive inbound sales leads, marketing sourced leads as well as leads developed in outbound motions with territory partners, and across in-territory accounts.
Unlike a sales position at a larger company, this is not a silo position with just a quota and a territory. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales team, work in a dynamic environment and deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product organization.
Working Location: Remote within the United States
- Drive new business sales while managing your sales process from prospecting to close.
- Regularly meet or exceed the sales quota.
- Conduct effective discovery calls with prospects.
- Develop relationships with strategic partners and resellers within your region to identify new logo opportunities, as well as to build stronger inroads with existing customers.
- Deliver dynamic and engaging presentations and technical product demonstrations via Webex and in person.
- Execute the full sales process leveraging Webex, Phone and Email.
- Build pipeline by identifying and qualifying opportunities within your territory.
- Proactively manage and respond to incoming sales leads and track results.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close sales as required.
- Ensure excellent service and support to prospects and customers by creating long-term business relationships.
- Build, maintain and develop knowledge to become an expert on Cyber Threat Intelligence and DomainTools’ data, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Some travel required to provide support for marketing activities and events.
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data.
- Utilize Salesforce to track all pertinent information related to the opportunity and account, and effectively manage your territory.
Key Applicant Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of proven excellence in selling technology solutions to enterprise class organizations and running an effective sales management process.
- Experience in the network/cyber security industry would be a plus.
- Proven history of over-achieving quota.
- Ability to influence key decision makers and to negotiate effectively based on value and time to close.
- Fast learner, adept at understanding and articulating new technologies and corresponding value propositions on the fly.
- Possess Sales & DNA:. Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
- Effective using consultative selling methodologies. Ability to identify economic drivers and articulate effects on customers’ business, and position our solutions to a technical audience.
- An analytical approach to sales process, pipeline management and improving sales effectiveness.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities effectively, collaborate internally to get things done and be accountable for your decisions.
- Proficient using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office to build sales presentations, proposals and contracts.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment.
- Passionate about technology and the startup culture with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, lots of uncertainty, lots of responsibility and lots of fun.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government. We are located in Downtown Seattle (but you can stay remote indefinitely) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, unlimited PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.