Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help us scale our business working on the drone delivery platform. Our flagship product has multiple stakeholders and users, but ultimately we’re all about helping our partners deliver goods to their customers.
We’re looking for Product Managers who want to grow with us, working on a range of challenges including: identifying user needs, creating enterprise-level APIs, developing robust documentation and building and scaling our operational tools and more. We are looking for strategic thinkers who can help proactively address risks and help shape Wing’s future.
The ideal candidate has e-commerce, logistics, or B2B experience, a passion for data-driven decisions, and a record of creating positive impact with focused goals and key performance indicators. The role requires passion for making a wide range of users happy, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices for measuring, growing and optimizing critical user journeys, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You’ll Do:
- Define product roadmaps by operationalizing defined strategy. With minimal assistance, document milestones, develop and consider product/company goals, competitive landscape, stakeholders, positioning, and customer insights.
- Align both product and Go To Market (GTM) roadmaps. Take in new inputs and adapt as necessary.
- Develop PRDs and other specifications for APIs, app- and web-based user experiences.
- Prioritize product development work streams through continuous iteration and experimentation.
- Work closely with UX designers, research, engineers, product marketers and leadership to drive product execution and excellence.
- Propose methods for measuring and improving users’ happiness/sentiment, engagement and conversion rates.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively influence and communicate across multiple functions, up and down the organization.
- A deep empathy for the customer’s experience, and the ability to translate it into new features, products, and businesses.
- Passion or interest in aviation.
- 2+ years in Product Management, or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience launching enterprise products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience launching products or processes internationally.
- Experience with SQL and interfacing with relational databases.
- Experience working across multiple types of stakeholders with different goals.