People.ai accelerates enterprise growth through the power of AI. With the industry’s only Revenue Intelligence System, People.ai frees all customer-facing teams, including sales, marketing, and customer success, from manual data entry by automatically capturing all contact and customer activity data, dynamically updating CRM and other systems of record, and providing actionable intelligence across management tools to realize the full selling capacity of the enterprise. Some of the world’s best brands are leveraging People.ai to transform their business, including Lyft, New Relic, Okta, Tanium, and Zoom.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. We’re developing a deep understanding of the professional world, mapping people, companies, and the information that flows between them through natural language processing and machine learning. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving enterprise growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We’re inspired by people who have made processes their own.
People.ai is looking for a Head of Content Marketing rock-star with excellent storytelling and editorial skills to lead our content strategy and deliver high-quality content that helps with driving brand awareness and lead generation.
This role will work closely with our product marketing, campaigns, communications, sales enablement, and web teams to identify content goals and initiatives, and partner to define and build effective content across every stage of the buyer’s journey.
You will also help nurture and scale the People.ai brand globally through our social media channels and keep a pulse on trending conversations and community insights.
You must have a solid understanding of inbound marketing, demand generation and lead management, as well as expertise in creating engaging content for all digital channels (including websites, emails, blogs, eBooks, social media, etc.).
You are well versed in B2B marketing and have a passion for content and writing. You have the ability to convey our value proposition through engaging content and are as much a marketer as a content strategist. You are highly collaborative and are excited by the challenge of working cross-functionally at a fast-paced hypergrowth company.
- As an independent contributor you will build, write and execute our content strategy in addition to sourcing and managing a team of contract writers to deliver assets described in the content calendar on time and on spec within six months of starting.
- Create content that will support our marketing initiatives and campaigns. Create and manage a content calendar.
- Partner closely with product marketing and demand generation teams to define content themes, and determine the appropriate mix of top, middle, and bottom of funnel content.
- Partner with subject matter experts to develop content in a variety of formats including blog posts and articles, eBooks, infographics, videos, etc.
- Support VP of Brand & Communications in establishing an internal communications program to disseminate information to employees in a way that is efficient and energizing.
- Maximize the value and reach of our content by turning high-performing assets into a set of derivative pieces that can be used in multiple channels.
- Work with communications, product marketing and demand gen teams to discover and test content partnerships, syndication, and amplification opportunities.
- Work closely with product marketing and communications to identify keywords and apply them to content creation and SEO.
- Ensure that content conveys clear benefits to the target audience, adheres to our brand voice and personality, and meets quality standards.
- Implement best practices for content creation, reuse, and optimization.
- Measure and report on content performance; optimize based on results.
- 7-10 years of experience as a content writer, copywriter or editor.
- Degree in English, journalism or related field
- Exceptional storyteller, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Portfolio of published articles and demonstrated excellence in content marketing in B2B tech
- Proven ability to translate brand personality and product capabilities into content assets that engage customers and increase lead generation and conversion rates
- Ability to operate and excel at strategic as well as tactical levels. Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Experience working cross-functionally with product marketing, demand generation, web, creative, sales enablement, and other functions
- Ability to extract short-form content from long-form content, as well as repurposing content for different uses, formats, audiences, and platforms
- Experience in defining and executing highly effective content marketing programs
- Track record for meeting deadlines and multitasking and prioritizing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, the company is backed by ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y Combinator and others. In 2019, People.ai was recognized as a winner of the 2019 Bay Area Best Places To Work, an awards program presented by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.